Thinking Global Acting Local Contest Winner Announced
The big day has arrived to announce the winner of the "Where In The World Is Carra Riley?" contest.
Participating in a journey around the world gave me plenty of time to think about becoming a "glocal" citizen. I learned to Think Global and then Act Local with some of the lessons learned.
First and foremost a HUGE thank you to all the participants in this fun game around the world!
What an experience it was to voyage around the world with friends in the Cosmic Cow Pie!
It is hard express in words how meaningful your comments and participation were as we were out in the middle of the ocean with no old friends or family on the ship. We did make new friends but seeing your happy faces on facebook, twitter, flickr and youtube really did make us feel like you were on there with us!
Some of the time things were really not pleasant and even kept me from writing as much as I would have liked to. Seeing you out there in cyberspace made me FEEL that you were there in thought, supporting and nurturing the trip. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your time and sharing along the way. I will be sending all of the participants the newly launched e-book Cosmic Shift Happens along with many cyber hugs for your kindness! Your comments, sincerely made a difference! When the book new book “Cosmic Cow Pie…Connecting The Dots Around The World” is complete you will also receive a signed copy of the book and an invitation to the e-launch party when it comes out! Thank you again for playing “Where in the world is Carra Riley.”
The winner with a total of 64 points was Karen Connell from Erie, Colorado
Karen was posting on many pictures and sharing on the facebook wall. She took advantage of the double points at the end and came on strong!
Thank you so much Karen, your support was monumental!
2nd place: Becky with 25 points
3rd place: Ruth with 18 points
4th place: Joy with 13 points
Karen is going to one of the seven wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon and Williams, Arizona!
Photo image courtesy of Bob Riboka
Williams, Arizona IS an International melting pot with visitors coming from all over the world as it is the “Gateway” to one of the SEVEN natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon. Williams is where I live!
The Winner will receive
- $500 toward a travel voucher getting to Williams, Arizona provided my Carra Riley
- Accommodations for 3 nights provided by The Grand Canyon Country Inn provided by the GCCI & Carra Riley
- 2 round trip coach tickets to the Grand Canyon on the Grand Canyon Railway provided by Grand Canyon Railway
- 4 full day passes to Bearizona provided by Bearizona
- 2 Meals at the Grand Canyon Coffee and Cafe provided by Grand Canyon Coffee & Cafe
- 2 rounds of golf at Elephant Rocks Golf Course provided by Elephant Rocks Golf Course
- Lunch with Carra & Tom Riley at Dogtown lake and an ATV ride!
- 1 Free bullwhip lesson with world famous Buck Williams on Rt. 66 provided by Buck Williams
My vision of the trip for the experience was three fold.
- Learning how we are connected globally, what the outcomes of this connection are and how we can be a positive force in this process as we go “glocal”.
- Bring back the message from around the GLOBE on how we can better serve those coming to visit our country and specifically our local Williams, Arizona community.
- The contestants can ALL take the information they are sharing and then implement those ideas in their community.
I took pencils and pens to Vietnam from Williams, Arizona and enjoyed giving them to the YMCA of VietNam. The local Williams Newspaper did a nice article on the connection so the “Thinking Global, Acting Local” vision came together!
I gleaned some RULES of the world on the voyage: the Taj rule from the Taj Mahal in India and the 18 mile rule in Brazil, on the Amazon. The vision of seeing the world to think global to and act local is coming together. Every county gave me wonderful content to connect the dots around the world.
Thank you again to all the participants for your encouragement and support on my voyage around the world!
You ROCKED my world more than the ship! Mahalo!