What is Google Voice?First introduced in March 2009, Google Voice is a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) that allows you to digitally transmit voice communications over the internet for FREE. That means that no matter where you or your friends, family or clients (whether past, current or future) are, they can call your special Google phone number at absolutely no charge to them or you. Gone are the days of having to list every single one of your phone numbers (home, office, cell, toll free, etc) on a calling card. Instead, simply use the one number given to you by Google Voice and it will go directly to any or all of your telecommunications devices you wish to connect.
Google Voice Features
- Voicemail Transcription - Yes, I said "transcription". Google Voice will take a voicemail left to you on your Google Voice number, transcribe it into text and send it to you via text message and email. This is especially helpful when someone leaves you a message with an important piece of information you need to follow up on.
- One Number for Everything - If you decide to choose a Google number when you sign up, that one number can be connected to as many different phone numbers as you wish. For example, when someone calls your Google number, your office phone AND your cell phone can be set to ring at the same time. That way, whether you are in the office or out and about working your real estate business, you won't miss a single phone call. They can also be set to only ring during business hours instead of 24/7. You can also choose to use Google Voice simply as your cell phone's voice mail instead of creating a new Google number. The choice is yours at sign-up.
- Personalize Your Greetings - You can create greetings specifically for whomever calls you. Set a professional greeting for business calls and a separate one for personal calls.
- Inexpensive International Calls - For just pennies per minute, you can contact your international clients.
- Convert Text Messages to Email - Have your text messages sent to your email box.
- Block and Screen Calls - Block calls from callers you don't wish to speak with or screen your calls like the answering machines of old. With the screen feature, you can listen in to the voicemail as it is being recorded and decide whether you wish to "pick up" or let it continue on to voicemail for review at a future time.
- Conference Calling - Connect your real estate client with their lender, home inspector or the other party's real estate agent in a few simple steps so that you are all on the same page.
How Do I Set Up My Free Google Voice Account?It's easy and free. First, go to the Google Voice website. Sign in to your Google account. Choose a number, create a PIN, add the forwarding number and verify your phone. It's that easy. Get yourself heard with Google Voice. It's free, it's easy and it's convenient for you AND your clients. That's a win-win for everyone. If you need assistance setting this up, just let me know. I'll be happy to help you out.
Pamela Cendejas, Real Estate Virtual Assistant - Second Self Virtual Assistance: When There Isn't Enough of You to Go Around!