More-Than-A-Side Dish Couscous Recipe - I found a box of couscous in the back of my pantry that I had never opened. I can't even remember when I bought it. But, apparently at the time, I felt the need to buy and cook it. I've only had once before and thought it was kind of bland.
I really enjoy putting flavors together and, well, baby spinach was on sale and I recently discovered Feta cheese. I know! How on earth had I missed that one?!
Here's a recipe I created yesterday and it turned out to be one of my favorite side dishes.
- 1 tblsp. Olive oil
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 tblsp. crushed roasted garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, washed and drained
- Cooked Couscous, enough for two servings
- 1/4 cup Tomato & Basil Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Put olive oil in pan. Add bacon. Cook til crispy.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and mushrooms. Stir about a minute.
- Add baby spinach and continue stirring for another minute or until spinach reduces.
- Stir in cooked couscous and mix well.
- Salt to taste.
- Top with Feta cheese.