Let The Games Begin: Play "Where In The World Is Carra Riley?"
Carra Riley is a writer, speaker, small business and real estate consultant going on a 104 day voyage around the world on Semester at Sea with her husband Tom. They live in Williams, Arizona and are taking their local community with them as they travel from the East to the West. This is the announcement post of the new INTERNATIONAL game... Where in the world is Carra Riley?
The Theme of the Spring 2011 voyage is "Global Interdependencies: Thinking Globally Acting Locally"
"Glocal: Someone who is able and willing to think globally while acting locally to improve the human condition and the planet we inhabit."
Williams, Arizona IS an International melting pot with visitors coming from all over the world as it is the "Gateway" to one of the SEVEN natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon. Photo image courtesy of Bob Ribokas His appreciation of one of the seven wonders of the world is amazing!
As the Author of Cosmic Cow Pie...Connecting The Dots I am inviting you to PLAY a game of engaging as we journey around the world sharing transformational concepts and information.
My vision of the trip for the experience is three fold.
- Learning how we are connected globally, what the outcomes of this connection are and how we can be a positive force in this process as we go "glocal".
- Bring back the message from around the GLOBE on how we can better serve those coming to visit our country and specifically our local Williams, Arizona community.
- The contestants can ALL take the information they are sharing and then implement those ideas in their community.
Carra has been creating videos on youtube with her WilliamsArizona1 channel and posting pictures of this diverse community on flickr. She has posted on her blog information about fasinating local places to go and things to do in the Williams area such as Bearizona, The Grand Canyon Railway and the Grand Canyon Coffee and Cafe.
Carra and Tom love their local community and are looking at this experience as an opportunity to help bring global issues and concerns back to the local community to process this information and start thinking about how all the dots connect together. The Williams News ran a great story about the adventure and Williams-Grand Canyon Chamber of Commerce is excited about the opportunity to share Williams with the world!
Enter the "Where in the world is Carra Riley?" contest.
What you can win!
- $500 toward a travel voucher getting to Williams, Arizona provided my Carra Riley
- Accommodations for 3 nights provided by The Grand Canyon Country Inn provided by the GCCI & Carra Riley
- 2 round trip coach tickets to the Grand Canyon on the Grand Canyon Railway provided by Grand Canyon Railway
- 4 full day passes to Bearizona provided by Bearizona
- 2 Meals at the Grand Canyon Coffee and Cafe provided by Grand Canyon Coffee & Cafe
- 2 rounds of golf at Elephant Rocks Golf Course provided by Elephant Rocks Golf Course
- Lunch with Carra & Tom Riley at Dogtown lake and an ATV ride!
- 1 Free bullwhip lesson with world famous Buck Williams on Rt. 66 provided by Buck Williams
How to enter and rules:
Get points for engaging about the world and how lessons abroad can be taken back to local communities. Watch the videos, photos and blog posts, then participate by commenting. It's as easy as that. Sharing global issues and talking about how we can take the information and apply it to make the world a better place. Carra will be writing the book "Cosmic Cow Pie...Connecting The Dots Around The World" and your participation will help clarify the information that can possibly help the world come together in sustainability, global economics and peace among nations. Each comment on any of the social media site will be counted as one point. The more you comment the more points you can build up! First register at the Cosmic Cow Pie Forum at "Where in the world is Carra Riley?" section so we know you are playing then just go watch the posts all over cyberspace and comment!
- Register in the forum at CosmicCowPie.com and comment on the days events on the blog or in the forum, start a conversation, add a cow tip and/or
- Visit the facebook page CosmicCowPie "like" the page comment or share a link and/or
- Subscribe to the CosmicCowPieSAS youtube channel and comment and/or
- View the photos on flickr and comment on what you are thinking it.
All the points from comments will be tabulated starting January 12, 2011 when the journey embarks from Nassau, Bahamas. The contest ends on April 24, 2011 in San Diego, California. You must register for the forum, post your location with all your usernames for facebook, youtube and flickr along with a statement that you are "in the game" to be eligible for the contest. You do not need profiles on all those accounts just let us know the name you will be posting under. Limit to 5 comments per day per username. In the event of a tie, the Cosmic Cow Pie team will look at additional participation on the social media sites... so if you post a Cow Tip or a link to something that will help readers "Connect The Dots Around The World" that will be taken into consideration for additional points.. again this is just in the case of a tie. The winner will be announced on the Cosmic Cow Pie website, Friday May 13, 2011 in time to make summer plans in Williams, Arizona, "Gateway to the Grand Canyon" from connecting the dots around the WORLD. The winner will also be notified by e-mail and must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize.
Connect The Dots Around The World with Carra Riley and win a trip to Williams, Arizona the Gateway to the Grand Canyon and experience one of the seven wonders of the world.