Pay It Forward to our Heroes with a Holiday card this year.
The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes are sponsoring Holiday Card program for the fourth year.
Holiday Mail For Heroes. If you would like to send a card to a soldier you need to get it in the mail by
December 10, 2010! There are some rules so read on!
- Include your heartfelt sentiments and sign all cards
- Entitle cards with generic terms such as “Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran”
- Limit cards to 15 per person or 50 for school class or business group
- Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes
- Send letters, care packages or monetary gifts
- Include personal information such as home or email addresses
- Use glitter – excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
- Include inserts of any kind as they must be removed in the screening process
Directly from the Red Cross site..... take the following action!
"Holiday Mail For Heroes is back for a fourth year! The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes will collect holiday cards from regular citizens all across the country and distribute them to service members, veterans, and their families. Many active service members must spend the holidays apart from their family. Give back this holiday season by sending a card to thank those who have given a great deal to their country.
Send cards to the address below, and please read the guidelines carefully!
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
All cards must be postmarked no later than Friday, December 10th. Cards postmarked after this date will unfortunately be returned to the sender. This deadline ensures enough time to sort and distribute cards before the holidays.
After the mailbox closes, the cards we received will be screened for hazardous materials by Pitney Bowes and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working around the country.
What a loving way to start off the Holiday Season, thinking of others and doing one small act of kindness to make a difference and show your appreciation in writing for what our heroes are doing!
The love you express does make a difference!
We all have time to share this with customers, family and friends! Let's do it... tweet, fb and blog!