What Happened at AFIRE?
What IS AFIRE?
Awesome Females in Real Estate
4th Annual Conference
April 21 - 23, 2010
What Did I Learn? The take aways!
- Are you trying to fit a size 12 body into size 6 pants?
- Real Estate agents must be educators not sales people. Social Media helps with the education.
- Buyers and sellers want HOPE and TRUST!
- Don't complain, your friends are tired of listening to you!
- What are your global marketing strategies? The foreign investors are here and buying.
- What do you think is happening in the commercial market? Are you prepared?
- Connect with Bankers and attorneys in foreign countries
- Do you know what Edutising is?
- Are you using a smart phone?
- Do you love what you do?
- What are you doing to get back to the basics? Hand written Thank you notes!
- Are you using Press Releases?
- Are you going green? Use crystal glasses at your office not paper cups!
- Do you have an 8 second power pitch.. not a 30 second elevator speech?
- You need to make 7 imprints on the brain to make an impact with your branding.
- What do you rejoice in most?
- Check out the smarty pants dance on youtube! Thanks Karel!
- Can you get out of the tunnel?
- Earn the right to be part of someones life.
- Let calm rule when chaos surrounds you.
- Change is a process not an event!
- Social partner ™ with a business that has the same demographics as your perfect client.
- What are the key moments in your life? What defined you?
- Start re-thinking your life... if you don't change you are dead.
- Can you see the blue sky of your life?
- Can you text message? What is your mobile strategy?
- If you are not working on your image on a 4 x 6 screen you will be left behind.
- Get your domain name with .mobi
- A bridge does not go up overnight.
- If you are not connected in social media you can't hear what is going on.
- Do you have a helicopter view of what is going on?
- Treat EVERYONE like a luxury client.
- Know how Gen X and Gen Y communicate.
- Boomers watch out. If you don't want to learn you might not succeed!
- Who is the driver of your bus? Do people want to get on your bus?
- Are you doing all you can to help homeowners in foreclosure? Alternatives to sale?
- Collect memories not STUFF!
- If you have a hard time receiving you will have a hard time attracting people who give.
Looks like some GREAT blog post content!
The speakers at this event had so much to share in today's evolving world.
Some of the Awesome women presenting ideas:
Bernice L. Ross, Ph.D and CEO RealEstateCoach.com
Bernice L. Ross, Ph.D. and CEO, Author, Trainer, and Speaker, couples her expertise as a Master Certified Coach with over 30 years of real estate sales experience.
Bernice is the master mind of this enlightening event!
As Business Development Manager for HomeFinder.com, Chris Kiel is responsible for establishing and growing relationships with top brokerages, national franchises and MLSs.
Ilyce R. Glink is an award-winning, nationally-syndicated columnist, television reporter, radio talk show host and bestselling book author. Her syndicated column, Real Estate Matters, appears in more than 100 newspapers and Web sites, including the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Detroit Free Press, and the Wilmington News Journal. Her most recent book is "Buy, Close Move In."
Jacky Teplitzky is one of New York City's elite residential real estate brokers.
As a managing director at Prudential Douglas Elliman (PDE) and the leader of her eponymous team, Jacky has sold more than $700,000,000 in Manhattan properties.
After an unexpected career in International Real Estate in Warsaw, Poland where Janet Choynowski worked with multi national corporations and diplomatic missions moving into that market after the fall of communism, she wanted to do something to make the practice of International Real Estate a little easier, and a little better. With Immobel, I believe we have done that.
As Chief Evolution Officer of Advantage Solutions Group, Joeann Fossland loves igniting joy, creativity & love in the people she connects with through coaching and speaking! Joeann's coaching practice is focused on helping people design and live lives they love while maximizing their business result
Author, speaker, and real estate consultant, Carra Riley is a 30-year real estate veteran who has owned Real Estate offices in Colorado and Hawaii. In her latest book: Cosmic Cow Pie…Connecting the Dots, Carra uses humor, penetrating insights, and pointed anecdotes to help her readers cope with the challenges they face both in their lives and their business.
Karel Murray brings meaning to mayhem with her “nothing but the truth” approach to business and life. An accomplished author and humorist, Karel has made radio and television appearances and she enjoys local, regional, and national publication of her articles.
Mildred WIlkins is a foreclosure intervention and loss mitigation trainer, a speaker. She is a consumer advocate who also happens to write.
Pamela J. O'Connor
As the first woman to head a major real estate network (formerly RELO), Pam O'Connor helped independent brokerage companies get their pieces of the relocation pie.
Deborah Falcone has been the National Real Estate Advertising Director of The Wall Street Journal since 2003. She joined the Journal in 1994 to help build the current real estate presentation. During her tenure, she has worked on the development of the Friday residential marketplace, which is anchored by the Home Front news page.
Kelly White is a business professional with an ambition to live the good life by helping others live the good life. She has demonstrated this throughout her career as a business professional. She has built a national identity as an entrepreneur, master trainer, business coach, mentor, advisor, role model and leader. She has over 15 years of executive level experience and accomplishments in the real estate industry. She is known by others as a transformational leader who strives to help organizations change and innovate while helping individuals transform through their own personal development.
Wendy Forsythe joined Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC in October 2007 as employee number two and is one the key people involved in developing and executing the vision of the brand. She leads the teams responsible for providing products, tools and services to the agents, brokers and managers of the growing network.
Marilyn Naylor ~ lovingly paints a picture in her book, Free to Experience, had spent 42 years paying taxes and waiting to die, "'cause that's all you can be sure of." Then came the revelation, "It ain't so," unless you believe it is. Her messages are both subtly loud and precisely clear. "We have within us the power of control and decision.
Marilyn Naylor: "You Gotta Have Heart"
What's it like to die five times and be brought back to life?
Join Marilyn Naylor for an inspirational journey that is sure to
lift your both your spirit and your heart.
8:30 - 9:25 a.m. Keynote
Karel Murray "Get a Grip - Finding Your Balance Without Losing It!"
You're a high-powered, busy female leader. How do you successfully juggle all of your responsibilities and still have a life? Master story-teller Karel Murray has a great way of blending humor while giving a serious message.
Karel Murray Really knocked the ball out of the park! Looking for a FUN speaker? check out Karel Murray.
Three days of thought provoking information really stimulates the consciousness!