Top 10 Reasons To Go A Convention Or Event For Your Business
1. You get out of "Dodge"
You get Away from your computer and the daily chores. It is a break from the norm AND has benefits.
2. You CAN learn things IF you listen.
Most events have the latest updates to an industry. Speakers from across the country are there to share the latest changes and prepare you for what may be coming.
3. Networking Opportunities
Most individuals going to a convention or event are there to network and expand their sphere of influence so are very open to talking with you and accepting information you would like to share.
4. Learn about the latest in technology.
Every industry has been touched in one way or another with advances in technology. At the event learn about the new elements and discuss with people how they are implementing the changes in their business.
5. Learn about your same business and how it is going in other parts of the country or State.
There are formal and informal opportunities to discuss business and what people are doing to make it work in their area.
6. Blog Content Ideas If you have a blog going, your mind is changing on how it processes information.When you hear or see something that is interesting, you immediately think about how you could take that information and turn it into an interesting post.
Below is the video blog of the recent Arizona Association of Realtors Midwinter Conference.
7. Twitter update prospecting with "Digital Citizens"
If you are involved in social media your mind thinks about updating your status in 140 characters. Today at most events there will be individuals there tweeting about what they are hearing. The event will have a hastag # sequence assigned so Tweeps can follow the conversation at the event and meet people who use Twitter. The AAR Midwinter Conference was #aarwc
Tweets from the event.
8. You don't have to make the bed!
Maid service in the hotel! Room service too if you like! On Demand movies in bed. Woo Hoo.
Cool give away stuff from the exhibitors. While checking out the gifts you might find something that could help you in your business, meet the representatives, create a new relationship and even get some candy!
10. The PARTIES!
Planned social events and then informal break out groups with tales that will STAY "in VEGAS!"
Oh.. remember the digital pictures and video are out there and people ARE watching!
Speaking of Vegas and conferences!
Why not think about attending the 6th ActiveRain, RainCamp tmtraining in Las Vegas on April 1, 2010.
At RainCamp you will learn how to:
· Use Facebook and Twitter to Gain the Competitive Edge
· Become the Online Mayor of Your Community
· Use Hyper-Local Blogging to Land you on the First Page of Google
· Convert Leads Into Closings
· Effectively use Pay Per Click Advertising (SEM)
Get out of Dodge,learn some new marketing and technology techniques, meet some people, see what others are doing across the country, get some new blog content ideas, learn more about being a "digital citizen", get some free stuff and Partee
Create a" Meet Up" with people you have been following on activerain!
It will be fun! So Brad and Bob....what is the Hashtag# to follow?
Let's get this party started!