Cruise The News on Route 66-Williams, AZ
Events this weekend on the Route:
Rendezvous in Williams- Memorial Day Weekend.
- Enjoy the 4-H BBQ Saturday, May 28th from 11am to 1pm @ Williams Recreation Center.
- Parade begins at 11am along Route 66 with this years' theme "Honoring Our Heroes".
- 10am-3pm Kaibab National Forest Service hosts "Forest Discovery Fair" @ Williams Recreation Center.
- Monday, May 30th @ 11am at Mountain View Cemetery as the American Legion Cordova Post #13 holds a special veteran memorial ceremony. For more information contact Sue at the chamber office.
- Cataract Creek Rambler and Steam Engine #4960 - Saturday, May 28th & Sunday, May 29th. Steam Engine #4960 will make hourly short-run departures from the Williams Depot @ Grand Canyon Railway. Tickets available on site or in advance for more information check out www.thetrain.com
- Williams Aquatic Center is set to be open from May 28th-August 13th! For more information on costs, swimming lessons, times, and etc.. contact Williams Recreation Center at 928.635.1496
Community Tidbits on the Route:
SAVE- Meant to Rescue will be holding a bake sale in three locations on Saturday, May 28th from 8am to Noon at Safeway, Williams and Forest Service Visitor Center, and Old Trails. Bake sale will feature various homemade treats.
Kaibab National Forest Service Campground Programs begin this Memorial Day Weekend. Offering weekend educational and family fun programs at White Horse Lake, Dogtown Lake, and Cataract Lake Campgrounds. For more information on programs call the Williams and Forest Service Visitor Center at 928.635.4061
Safeway #1639 will be hosting a Parking Lot Sale coming June 24th & June 25th. Proceeds will benefit Prostate Cancer Research. They are seeking donations for their sale.
It's that time of the season... yes where A Cowboy is shot down on the streets of Williams.. Every Day!! Yes the Cataract Creek Gang is roaming the streets of Williams nightly @ 7pm. They argue about the silliest things. Then the gunfire breaks out. Come see the whole story!
For information on nightly locations call the Williams-Grand Canyon Chamber at 928.635.1418
Events Cruisin with a View...
Friends of the Williams Aquatic Center will be holding their Golf Tournament on Saturday, June 4th - Two Person Scramble with an 11am check in and 12:30pm start. $80.00 per player... Awards, Prizes and much more!! Then join them for a Deep Pit BBQ @ 5pm. Awards ceremony after dinner. For more information on costs and if you wish to become a hole sponsor call 928.814.6754 you may also register on line at www.williamsaquaticcenter.org
Don't forget Bearizona a drive through wildlife park where you can talk to the animals!
FOR RESERVATIONS, CALL 1-888-484-7245
…and remember, as a valued Grand Canyon Railway Hospitality Partner, please provide your assigned
HOTEL CODE to earn commissions!!!
Special Event Train - No advance sales for Cataract Creek Rambler
Tickets only available for purchase at the Williams Depot ticket counter on May 28 & 29
If you are going to the Grand Canyon, a stop in Williams, Arizona is an absolute MUST!
"It is a small town with a big heart!" Thank you Mayor Moore!