Sharing Saturday Stuff from the Cosmic Cow Pie.
I like to laugh while I learn and share stuff on Saturday! So you might laugh as I share what I have been learning but if you don't know how to do some of these things you might find this helpful.
Being new to blogging means, every day I am learning something!
My activerain friends are making it so much easier to post pretty content so I thought I would make a summary of some tips that have helped me with my blogs. Thank you to Charles Perkins, Pamela Cendejas, Michael Thornton and Anna Banana for all your help.
Embedding a video or music... easy once you know how!
1. Open the video or song.
2. Look for the embed code.
3. Copy the embed code.
4. Be sure you save all your written content in WYSIWYG before you add your embedded image.
5. Open up HTML in the entry section after having saved your written content.
6. Paste the embed code in the HTML section of the blog entry.
7. Save the draft and see if it worked!
Creating Color and different size fonts in your blog post.
1. Download Mozilla Firefox as a browser.
2. Open and click Tools go down to Add-ons click on ScribeFire and install.
3. Open ScribeFire and write your blog. There is different font size and color.
4. Copy your blog from ScribeFire and Paste into a new blog at activerain.
5. Save your blog post and view your new color creative content!
How to make words in post content into a hyperlink.
1. Highlight the word you want to become a live link.
2. Go up to the edit bar and find the connected chain.. not the broken chain for activerain. In scribeFire the link feature looks like a world.
3. Click the chain or world and a window opens.
4. Type the url of the link you want to be live.
5. Name the link.
6. Click insert.
7. The word you wanted live should now be blue and link to the url you identified!
For me this was FUN stuff making my blog posts much better!
If you have some great ideas about blogs, social media or networking please come share them at Cosmic Cow Pie Group in activerain, also the Cosmic Cow Pie Group in facebook and the Cosmic Cow Pie Group at linkedin, where you can meet people wanting to grow and network in cyberspace!